- Experience5-10 Years
- Career LevelExperience
- EE or Non EE PositionNon EE Position
- Driver's LicenseNot Required
- Disability PositionNo
- QualificationDiploma / Bachelors
SAP Technical Operations Specialist (Contract) Midrand/Rosslyn/Home – FC07V954XA
Our client requires the services of a SAP Technical Operations Specialist.
POSITION: Contract role until March 2022.
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible.
• Work experience/diploma/degree
• South African citizens only
• Experience Required
• Willing and able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time (Internationally)
• At least 8 – 10 years SAP Basis experience.
• SAP BW4/HANA (HA200) knowledge – practical system knowledge of at least 2-3 years.
• Knowledge & Experience with SAP ABAP and JAVA based systems on NetWeaver release.
• Good Knowledge of Linux file Systems, Linux commands & scripting.
• Good Understanding of Networks, Firewalls & Ports.
• Experience with SAP system health checks, dump/trace analysis and monitoring tools.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Understanding and application of standard ITPM framework.
• Strong organising skills and attention to detail are a pre-requisite
Other Beneficial Experience:
• BW Application Experience
• HANA Modelling (Native, Hybrid, XSC, XSA)
• Smart Data Integration
• Smart Data Access
• SAP Data Intelligence
• Cloud (AWS) – VPC, Route53, Instance Ordering etc.
• Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes.
• AD/GD/LAAS Knowledge
The primary tasks for the Technical Operations Specialist include the proactive monitoring and maintenance of the entire SAP BW Landscape with key focus being analysing and planning of SAP maintenance tasks and system changes.
• Provide 1st and 2nd level support during incidents to identify problematic areas.
• Co-ordinate activities and provide the interface mechanism between Technical (Basis) and Functional operations in order for SAP to function both optimally and efficiently thereby ensuring the constant alignment and improvement of the SAP system.
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the SAP infrastructure and associated databases.
• Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the SAP databases are operating correctly and ensuring that they have a high level of resilience and performance.
• Ensure that all periodic maintenance is carried out to ensure the optimal performance of all SAP related systems and databases in accordance with the required standards.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Proactively monitor the SAP systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
Trouble shooting and maintenance
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SAP PRD, INT and DEV environments.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the environments including patch management and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales, costs and change control.
• Ensuring that all transports between DEV and INT and DEV and PRD environments are fully documented and take place within the approved change control processes.
• Understanding of Certificates (HANA/NW)
• BWonHANA & BW4/HANA – Installations, Upgrades, Backup, Recovery, Migrations, Troubleshooting.
• HANA Installations, Upgrades, Security, Troubleshooting & Performance.
• SAP IQ Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting & Performance.
• Linux Upgrades, Setup & Troubleshooting.
• SAP Technical Administration.
• Incident and Request Management.
• Change Request Management.
• SAP Technical System Monitoring.
• SAP Transport Management.
Example of types of Projects: Coordination of-
• New Installations(On Premise / Cloud)
• Enhancement Packs/Upgrades
• NAS / SAN Migrations
• Maintenance (Index Compression, Table Re-orgs, Kernel Updates, Table Redistribution, Garbage Collectors etc.)
• Responsible for XSA env.