- ExperienceYears of Experience
- EE or Non EE PositionNon EE Position
- Driver's LicenseNot Required
- Disability PositionNo
- QualificationGrade 12 (Matric)
UEM/VDI Technical Specialist (Contract) Rosslyn – FC089V37VA
Our client requires the services of a Unified and Virtual Endpoint Management Technical Specialist.
POSITION: Contract role until March 2022 (possible renewal-not guaranteed).
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible.
• 3+ years experience
• A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences) or a comparable qualification
• Operations experience of on premises Linux Servers and Windows Servers
• Experience with enterprise network configurations
• Experience with Databases
• Experience with ITIL processes
• Strong analytical thinking in the technical domain
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Interest in cloud and new technology stacks
• Good written and spoken English skills
• Good Documentation skills
• South African citizens only
• Experience in operation of Linux Servers and/or Windows Servers
• Experience in Windows Client OS, GPO and patch management
• Experience with Active Directory
• Experience with Scripting (PowerShell, Bash etc.)
• Experience with monitoring solutions
• Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure, network and integration issues
• Experience with ITL processes (Incident, Change and Problem management)
• Plan and execute maintenance tasks (change management)
• Plan and execute infrastructure lifecycle tasks (technical lifecycle, change management)
• Resolve incident tickets
• Analyze and resolve problem tickets
• Experience with cloud technologies and cloud providers (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
• Experience in operation, maintenance of VDI technologies (Citrix, VMware Horizon)
• Experience in operation and maintenance of Mobile Device Management platforms (VMware Workspace One)
• Be part of a global team responsible for the development and operation of Digital Workspace that includes the products Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
• UEM team develops and operates a global platform of applications and services to manage our corporate devices (endpoints).
• VDI team develops and operates a global platform of cloud and on premises VDI services to provide VDI solutions globally.
• Involved in the maintenance and operation of a global Modern Workspace infrastructure for personal and virtual devices (>100.000 devices).
• Be a maintenance and operations focused team member for our cloud and on premises UEM and VDI platforms.
• Ensure the infrastructure for device management and VDI platforms run smoothly
• Actively work on constantly improving operational excellence including automation and proactive monitoring approaches
• Interact with an international product team, external providers, vendors and customers.
• Treat security as a first-class citizen
• Work closely with stakeholders, development teams in constantly improving our UEM and VDI platforms stability and availability
• Work with other IT teams on integration of new features and components
• Be responsible for the operations of the enterprise UEM and VDI server infrastructure and platform components.
• Be responsible for the verification, planning and actioning of maintenance tasks together with other infrastructure teams
• Continuously work on improving the operational stability
• Work on automation of platform operations, troubleshooting and maintenance topics