- Experience5-10 Years
- Career LevelExperience
- EE or Non EE PositionNon EE Position
- Driver's LicenseNot Required
- Disability PositionNo
- QualificationDiploma / Bachelors
Full Stack Developer – Python / Data Science (Contract) Midrand/Rosslyn – FC0Y58RVVA
Our client requires the services of a Full Stack Developer – Python / Data Science Focus.
POSITION: Contract role until March 2022.
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible.
• 5+ years experience
• IT Degree/Relevant experience
• South African citizens only
• Midrand/Rosslyn/Home office rotation
• Sound knowledge in Python and Java
• Experience in tools like pandas, SciPi, ev. Pyomo
• At least 5 years’ worth of experience using front- end and back-end technologies such
• Sound experience in developing backend applications:
o Architecture and Interface Design.
o Data modeling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation), e.g. Postgres.
o Implementation of Backend Services.
o Test-Automation (Unit, E2E)
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Concourse)
• Basic Knowledge of:
o Internet of Things, e.g. MQTT.
• Excellent communication skills and team-oriented work behaviour in a distributed team
• Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
• Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals
• Experience with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
• Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
• Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, Machine Learning.
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE, Django
• Passionate developer comfortable with both front-end and back-end development, full of energy and ambition, a great communicator and team player.
• Contribute to the Energy Services front-end back- end development for several user groups, e.g. pool operator, asset owner.
• Contribute to refinement of user stories (the user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be finally specified)
• Clarify open points possibly making proposals and/or developing a prototype for further discussion.
• Develop the frontend part of user stories, suitable for the different devices that have to be supported.
• Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Skype. Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review, Retro
• Liaise with stakeholders and team members
• Support existing solutions, DevOps