- Experience3-4 Years
- Career LevelExperience
- EE or Non EE PositionNon EE Position
- Driver's LicenseNot Required
- Disability PositionNo
- QualificationDiploma / Bachelors
Senior Python / JAVA Developer / Cloud Specialist (Contract) Midrand/Rosslyn – FC0W4867WA
Our client requires the services of a Senior Python / JAVA Developer / Cloud Specialist.
POSITION: Contract role until March 2022.
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible.
• 8+ years
• IT Degree/Relevant experience
• South African citizens only
• Midrand/Rosslyn/Home office rotation
• Sound knowledge in Python and JAVA
• Familiarity with Microservices Architectures, Cloud Architectures or Container Architectures e.g. Docker
• Experience in developing solutions on public cloud platforms preferably Microsoft Azure
• Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms Preferably Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
• At least 8 years’ worth of experience using front-end and back-end technologies such
o HTML 5
o Maven or Jenkins
• Sound experience in developing backend applications:
o Architecture and Interface Design.
o Data modelling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation).
o Implementation of Backend Services.
Basic Knowledge of Restful Services, MQTT or Kafka.
Proficiency in UI frameworks, Angular or React
• Excellent communication skills and team- oriented work behaviour in a distributed team
• Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins)
• Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals
• Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Robot, Jest
• Experience with Jira and Confluence Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
• Passionate JAVA / Python developer, willing to take a lead role, sharing knowledge and giving guidance, are thrilled about latest technologies, full of energy and ambition, hands-on and not afraid of making your hands dirty, this is the right position for you.
• Contribute to refinement of user stories (the user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be finally specified)
• Clarify open points possibly making proposals and/or developing a prototype for further discussion.
• Development of backend and frontend user stories.
• Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Skype. Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review, Retro
• Liaise with stakeholders and team members
• Support existing solutions, DevOps